Dr Antony Rix, CEO of 8power, will present on 14th June at the 4th Conference on Asset Information and Data Management in Smart Rail in London.
His talk will describe:
- New low-power wide area network (LPWAN) and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies are maturing and can transform the way we monitor assets
- State of the art and new enablers including MEMS sensing and energy harvesting
- Case studies will include structural health monitoring, real-time power consumption and vibration monitoring
- Options for how to trial and implement the technology
The talk is followed by a panel discussion with Dr Matthew DeJong from the University of Cambridge, where they will discuss the use of smart technology in rail, covering:
- What applications are possible
- How to go about trials
- What’s required to integrate and adopt the technology at scale
- How do you use the technology for proactive maintenance
- Does it actually work
- Could you pour less concrete | use the tech to prioritise maintenance | detect vehicle impacts | identify wheel flats | monitor embankment movement
Please contact us if you would like to meet at the conference.